NEW YEAR'S EVE INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL GALA
- with MULTIPLE AMAZING TALENTS
- CIRQUE PERFORMANCES
- TWO LIVE BANDS – INCLUDING “Dr. FU” and “HERR METAL”
- WASHINGTON’S BELOVED MASCOTS INCLUDING TEDDY FROM NATIONALS AND SLAPSHOT FROM THE STANLEY CUP WINNING WASHINGTON CAPITALS!
…and much more!
1) General Admission (9:00 PM to 2 AM)
2) Reduced Post Dinner Admission (10:30 PM to 2 AM)
(Group Rates Available. Email events@thingstodoDC.com for Details)
THOUSANDS ATTEND EVERY YEAR – AND THIS YEAR WILL BE NO EXCEPTION!
Tonight, we circle the globe and touch countries from all continents to make this a truly WORLD WIDE WELCOME into 2019!
20 INTERNATIONAL THEMED CELEBRATIONS ~ 7 SEPARATE PARTY ROOMS including 5 HUGE BALLROOMS ~ ONE OF D.C.’s MOST LUXURIOUS LOCATIONS ~ EXCLUSIVE CIRQUE NEW YEAR’S EVE PERFORMANCES ~ LIVE BANDS, including Dr. FU and HERR METAL ~ SALUTE TO MULTIPLE COUNTRIES ~ FULLY STOCKED OPEN BAR ~ MIDNIGHT CHAMPAGNE TOAST ~ HUGE MIDNIGHT BALLOON DROP ~ D.C.’S BEST DJS ~ KARAOKE ~ STROLLING ENTERTAINERS ~ PARTY FAVORS ~ CARICATURIST DRAWINGS ~ AFRICAN DANCE SHOW ~ THE CHINESE LION DANCE ~ LIVE IRISH DANCE SHOW ~ LIVE MEXICAN DANCE SHOW ~ OPERA ~ NEW ZEALAND WARRIOR CHANT ~ TAHITIAN POLYNESIAN SHOW ~ OKTOBERFEST CELEBRATION ~ INCREDIBLE HOTEL ROOM RATES ~ WHITE GLOVE SERVICE ~ VIP OPTIONS ~ MANY BARS AND STATIONS TO PREVENT LONG LINES ~ A SELL OUT EVERY YEAR ~ AND MUCH MORE!
… including the Washington Nationals most beloved President, TEDDY; and from the Washington Capitals, SLAPSHOT as well as some of their friends, ready to race into 2019 and welcome in the new year with thousands of their fans!
- Exclusive International Cirque Du 2019 Performances throughout the Party
- Starring: One of Washington’s Favorite Live Bands – Dr. Fu
- The DJ talents of DJ Pumpkin, and DJ XTA-C
- Around the World Entertainment and themes in multiple Large Ballrooms
- Dance Lessons, Parades, Magic, Karaoke, Live International Performances from Many Regions
- Teddy, the Racing President from the Nationals, and Slapshot from the Capitals!
… and much more! (Read On)
When World Leaders, Celebrities and Corporate Titans visit Washington, D.C. where do they stay, dine, dance and want to be seen?
When FDR wanted a place to host his first inaugural ball, where did he go?
When the Beatles first hit America in 1964 and arrived in DC, where did they stay?
When Bill Clinton wanted to play his saxophone at his Inaugural Ball, where did he go?
THE LUXURIOUS OMNI SHOREHAM HOTEL!
Since 2011, thousands of TTD members each year have celebrated an exciting party at this majestic venue…home of major Inaugural Balls and international formals and functions since its inception…guaranteed to provide a night you will never forget! We are once again returning due to their excellent reputation, fast service on keeping all food and bar lines short, and the amazing reviews and response we have received after each Gala.
Tonight, as we ring in 2019, we invite you take a journey around the world without ever leaving Washington’s royal and historic hotel! Tonight, you will circle the globe and visit many continents as you make your way from one huge grand ballroom to the next.
You’ll have your choice of how and where you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Do you want the high-energy excitement of New York City and Hollywood No problem! Want to feel like you are at the ball pack cheering on the Nationals after a great season? We’ve got you covered! Maybe cheering on the DC STANLEY CUP Champions with their beloved mascot? Done! Prefer recreating a Bastille Day Celebration combined with a 21st Century Euro scene? We bring the European connection to you. Want to cry to Ave Maria and then Dance to the Mexican Hat Dance? Confirmed! Want to dance side by side with historical presidents? Only Here and Only Tonight! Breaking it down with star DJ XTA-C or Dr. Fu? Only in our USA Celebration Rooms! Want to celebrate Carnival in a South American fashion? Join the midnight parade with live dancers and DJ Pumpkin. Want to feel like you are a world traveler in a single night? How about special New Year’s Performances from Asia, Africa the Middle East, Dublin, New Zealand, Tahiti, and Munich? PLUS, as a special bonus like nowhere else: look up to the sky as we bring you internationally famed Cirque performers for a special Cirque Du 2019 celebration …. and much much more!
In addition, we are showing our support for the ZIMS Foundation and their battle against Multiple Sclerosis.
- THE MAGIC OF THE USA, TIMES SQUARE, HOLLYWOOD, & NATIONALS PARK
• THE CIRQUE WONDERS OF THE OLD AND NEW WORLD
• THE HIGH ENERGY OF EUROPE’S HOTTEST CLUBS
• THE MYSTERIES OF AFRICAN TRADITIONS
• THE CARNIVAL CELEBRATION OF THE SOUTH AMERICAN NATIONS
• THE SALSA FIESTA OF HAVANA
• THE SALUTE TO ANTARCTICA
• THE TANGO OF BUENOS AIRES
• THE AWESOMENESS OF THE ANCIENT CHINESE CIVILIZATION
• THE ROMANCE OF VENICE
• THE EXHILARATION OF MEXICO
• THE INTIMIDATION OF NEW ZEALAND’S HAKA WAR CRY AND DANCE
• THE WARMTH OF A TAHITIAN LUAU
• THE ECSTASY OF BOLLYWOOD
• THE EXCITEMENT OF OKTOBERFEST IN MUNICH
• THE JOY OF DUBLIN
• THE CELEBRATION OF THE STANLEY CUP
• THE SPIRIT OF THE CARIBBEAN
• THE INSPIRATION OF TOKYO
SEVEN ROOMS – TWENTY NATIONS – AT LEAST TWENTY TWO UNIQUE INTERNATIONAL CELEBRATIONS
(A) THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE – GRAND BALLROOMS
1) TIMES SQUARE (New York City) – STARRING DJ XTA-C
In the Omni’s Majestic Regency Ballroom – one of Washington DC’s Largest Ballrooms!
If there is one place on earth synonymous with New Year’s Eve, it’s Times Square. The enthusiasm and energy of the famed crossroads of the world comes alive in the Omni’s famed Grand Ballroom as we welcome in the New Year – BIG APPLE STYLE!
Embrace your patriotic spirit with pride and enthusiasm as we transport you to a trendy New York nightclub setting with one of Washington’s best DJs spinning the greatest American retro, top 40, hip hop, and dance! A giant midnight balloon drop (with a hidden apple) and light show will welcome you to 2019. (…and you don’t have to risk frostbite.)
The luxurious Grand Ballroom is one of the most elegant in Washington. It has seen the celebrations of many of America’s leading official inaugural Balls (since FDR) as well as history’s most important figures from the United States and around the world. Dance in the footsteps of world leaders and movie stars as you celebrate the New Year – Times Square Style – in this majestic locale.
At some point we will also be offering a special salute to our members in the armed forces. If you are in the military, feel free to come in special military dress as we want to honor you for your service to our country. (Special rates may apply. Email events@thingstodoDC.com)
Again, be prepared as a GIGANTIC BALLOON DROP covers the dance floor at the stroke of midnight!
WASHINGTON’S LARGEST MIDNIGHT BALLOON DROP: THE BEST IN DC! (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuZtQNJizhw for a clip from a recent Balloon Drop)
2) EXCLUSIVE INTERNATIONAL CIRQUE PERFORMANCES AND CELEBRATION
Get ready for a gala filled with heart-stopping, mind-boggling displays of artistry and athleticism. Experience the wow factor and star quality of the circus tent, concert hall, and Broadway stage all in one fantastic evening. Indulge your curiosities and celebrate your senses as aerialists, acrobats, contortionists, and indescribable feats reignite your belief in human potential.
Tonight – this party alone – invites you to be blown away by the amazing acrobatic talents in our special CIRQUE PERFORMANCE – especially designed for this night only!
With Cirque acts ABOVE and WITHIN the audience, you will be amazed at the fantastic spectacle that awaits you this special night! Dressed in elegant cirque costumes, we’ll be privy to THREE aerial performances (including a special midnight show). ALSO, throughout the evening, our artists will provide a variety of cirque/circus acts including magic, cirque style juggling, the unicycle and the famous giant bubble. They will also be available for pictures and meet and greets.
Tonight’s artists balance, toss, catch, twist and intertwine in an elegant ballet of strength and stamina.
3) SLAPSHOT FROM THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS (Stanley Cup Champions)
& TEDDY FROM THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Ever been to a Capitals Game or a Nationals’ Game? No matter who you root for in the NHL, Slapshot Is a friend to all Washingtonians – and plays for Team New Year’s Eve tonight! Plus, with a 2018 Stanley Cup Win, Slapshot has an even bigger reason to celebrate!
Also, no matter what your favorite baseball team is, everyone who has been to Nationals Stadium knows about the President’s Race! Everyone always cheers on their favorite president. Unfortunately, Teddy rarely wins these races. But, he still remains one of the most popular Presidents at the Stadium.
So, tonight SLAPSHOT, TEDDY (and maybe some of their fellow local mascots) will be on hand to help celebrate and welcome in 2019 in style!
4) THE HOLLYWOOD EXPERIENCE: Starring Dr. FU and HERR METAL
Hit The Sunset Strip and enjoy our Hollywood Headliner!
Whether you are going back in time to the 1980s, 1990s, Y2K, or celebrating the greatest dance hits from 2017, we have you covered!
Things To Do is honored and excited to have secured one of Washington, D.C.’s most well-known bands and staples – Dr. Fu – to ring in 2019. They will bring its diverse array of classics, Top 40, contemporary, and retro classic hits to guarantee a good time.
Dr. Fu is a dynamic cover band known for its energetic stage shows and versions of hits from classic rock, to current radio pop, top 40 dance hits and rap. Dr. Fu has been an institution in the DC area music scene since the late 90’s and has played virtually every popular venue in the DC area.
Following Dr. Fu will be Herr Metal, playing all their hair hits from the 80’s and 90’s with flowing locks, spandex and an authentic stage show that looks and sounds reminiscent the late 20th Century! Herr Metal has played to thousands at festivals and venue sin the DC area alongside national acts such as: Cheap Trick, Pat Benatar, Third Eye Blind, and Plain White T’s
(B) THE CARIBBEAN
1) BARBADOS, BAHAMAS, JAMAICA, and ALL THE OTHER CARIBBEAN COUNTRIES
- STARRING DJ PUMPKIN
Want to take a break from the busy streets of a Metropolis? How about a visit to the beach and an exciting Barbadian, Jamaican, Bahamian music! The Spirit of the Caribbean comes alive as you enter this tropical paradise with a New Year’s style island celebration!
Here you will experience one of Washington’s most celebrated DJs – DJ PUMPKIN! DJ PUMPKIN is a star of many of the Caribbean Embassies and he has plenty of International fans, especially throughout the Caribbean! He is a regular performer every Friday Night on the internet radio station, www.SweetRiddim.com.
Do the limbo, dance the Conga line, raise your hands, and dance like crazy all night long!
2) BONUS: WIN A TRIP TO THE CARIBBEAN! Enter a drawing to win a vacation trip to one of the Caribbean Islands or Cancun, Mexico.
(C) CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA
1) THE 1950′s HAVANA SALSA EXPERIENCE
Optional Salsa Lessons at 10 PM
During the 1950′s, if you wanted some hot Salsa Dancing, you went to the most popular night spots and hotels in Havana. Tonight, you’ll find it in the Omni Shoreham!
This is not Fidel Castro’s Cuba, but the wild times of 1950’s Havana where Americans once vacationed, relaxed and danced in style! Enjoy Salsa and Meringue throughout the night as we bring you a taste of the hottest Latin music around.
Our Havana celebration will be packed with flavor! The irresistible sound of one of Washington’s hottest Salsa DJs, will lead your feet to the dance floor for an exciting night of dancing to Latin sounds!
2) RIO De JANIERO and CARNIVAL PARADE OF ALL SOUTH AMERICA – WITH LIVE NATIVE CARNIVAL SAMBA DANCERS
As a special treat, tonight we take you to the Sambadrome of Rio De Janeiro through a special music and dance performance. Dressed in Carnival costumes, we’ll experience an amazing Carnival performance in parade style representing Rio de Janeiro and a medley of other Caribbean and Latin American countries.
Dance the Conga line, sip some island cocktails, and take in the relaxing atmosphere that is the Caribbean and Latin America!
3) THE MEXICAN DANCE PERFORMANCE – INCLUDING THE HAT DANCE!
Dressed in the traditional Mexican celebratory outfits, experience the heritage you might find in the streets of Mexico City, Cancun. Cozumel, and many more! Tonight’s performance includes many Mexican celebratory dances, including the famous Mexican Hat dance!
1) PARIS, PRAGUE, LONDON, MOSCOW, BERLIN AND THE EUROPEAN HIGH ENERGY NIGHTLIFE EXPERIENCE:
Want to take down the French nobility like never before? Those looking for an intense high energy European Nightclub experience need look no further. Rivaling the best hot spots of Paris, Berlin, Rome, London, Prague, Madrid, and Amsterdam tonight we offer you non-stop, pulsating, high energy Euro Dance beats and club music from one of Washington’s top DJs.
2) ITALIAN OPERA
Before the dancing and the celebrations, enjoy some culture as we open your hearts to the spirit of the opera halls of Venice, Florence and Rome. Enjoy a medley of some of Italy’s (and Europe’s) most famous and treasured Opera presentations.
3) EUROPEAN BALLROOM DANCING with DANCE LESSONS
From 9:30 PM to 10:30 PM, we are transforming a ballroom into an 18th Century European Ball! We will begin with refresher lessons before hitting the Waltz, Tango, and other classical ballroom classics to Strauss, Mozart, Mancini and other classical masterpieces.
4) OKTOBERFEST CELEBRATION:
As it is perhaps the wildest celebration in Europe, tonight we will showcase Oktoberfest with a live traditional German/Oktoberfest Dance Presentation and Dance Lesson! Dressed in authentic traditional outfits, the leading Alpine Dancers will bring the spirit of Munich to D.C. for a special revelry and feier!
Ever been to Durty Nellys in Ireland? Or Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day? Well, tonight our Irish Dancers deliver the classic Irish Spirit with a unique dance presentation that rival the Leprechauns of Galway, Cork and Killarny!
1) THE TOKYO EXPERIENCE: KARAOKE
- Make Your Own Entertainment
In Japan, karaoke is a religion. The hottest clubs in Tokyo have private booths where you can live out your rock and roll star fantasies. Tonight, we bring the spirit and feel of urban Tokyo to Washington and make you the center of it all. Take the stage and sing your heart out. Choose your song and perform it live in front of everyone. Also, take home a special free souvenir as a leading local caricaturist draws your picture with a unique background.
2) CHINESE LION DANCE: The Native Chinese “Wong People Lion Dancers” of Washington DC Chinatown will clear away any lingering evil spirits from 2018 to make room for a very lucky and prosperous New Year for all. After their incredible performance, they will stay around to pose for pictures and answer questions. For more about the Chinese Lion Dance, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_dance.
(F) THE BOLLYWOOD EXPERIENCE:
Bollywood combines the music of India with the beats of the West to create something unique and incredibly fun. Going out in Mumbai, Chennai, or Delhi has become a must-do for every worldwide star, and tonight you get to experience it as they do. Our DJ will make you believe you’re in Mumbai with high-energy music unlike anything you’ve experienced before.
Tonight, in a special native performance, our African dance troupe will lead us on a journey to the Serengeti, Mt. Kilimanjaro and Cape Town with African culture through dance, drumming, song and poetry since 1997. Dressed in full native traditional African outfits, we will be dazzled by their interactive show and energy. Afterwards, they will stay around for pictures and to answer any questions you may have. Exact times of the performance and ballroom location will be noted in a special program that will be emailed to all attendees before the event.
(H) NEW ZEALAND AND TAHITI
- NEW ZEALAND HAKA: Long ago, before battles, the Māori tribe would chant their war cry. Today, the world cowers before this cry in professional sports. Tonight, the tribe takes on 2019 in a special Haka performance!
- TAHITI POLYNESIA: Tahiti is one of the seven Polynesian nations. Tonight as if you are relaxing on the beaches of Papeete, enjoy and celebrate the Nui Luau dance shows. Perhaps volunteer to dance and experience the warmth of the islands and drink in the beautiful culture of French Polynesia.
Be on the “look out” for a special surprise visitor – well, OK a PENGUIN. Be the first to find this penguin and you will win a special dinner for two aboard the Odyssey (local Dinner Cruise Ship).
For your price of admission, in a single evening, you will revel in and enjoy:
- One of Washington’s Most Luxurious and Historic Hotels
- Fully Stocked Open Bar
- Plenty of Comfort Space with No Long Lines for Food or Drinks
- Midnight Champagne Toast
- Elaborate Buffet Menus (served by the same kitchen that serves royalty)
- Washington’s Best DJs
- Exclusive Cirque Performances
- The Live Talents of “Dr. Fu” and “Herr Metal”
- The High-Energy Rockin' Beats of DJ XTA-C
- The Live Caribbean Talents of DJ Pumpkin
- Slapshot and Teddy
- Salsa (with optional lessons)
- The Mexican Hat Dance
- A Costumed Carnival Celebration
- An African Dance Presentation
- A Chinese Lion Dance Presentation
- A Tahitian Luau
- A New Zealand War Chant
- Oktoberfest Dance Presentation
- Live Irish Dancing
- Caribbean Music
- Ballroom Dancing (with optional lessons)
- Huge Balloon Drops
- VIP Options
- Three Different Ticket Times and Prices
- Hats, Tiaras, Party favors and Giveaways
- AMAZING Low Discounted Overnight Hotel Rates (only $152)
...plus many more surprises.
FULLY STOCKED OPEN BAR & ELABORATE INTERNATIONAL DINER MENUS:
The kitchen that has served every president since its inception, world leaders, celebrities and the very rich and famous, tonight will serve you as you welcome in 2019! This year, we have more open bars and food stations than ever to minimize lines for drinks and food. In addition to our open bar and midnight champagne toast, the Omni’s chefs will have many unique food stations and menus including:
Grilled Lamb Chops Provencal, Mint Pistou
Salmon In Puff Pastry, Rice, Mushrooms, Tarragon Cream Sauce
Espelette Pepper Roasted Mushrooms Stuffed With Spinach
Oven Roasted Tomato, Artichokes and Mushroom Flatbreads With Fontina Cheese
Lobster Roll - Maine Lobster, Lobster Salad, Mini Split Top Roll
Baked Lump Crab Meat & Cavatappi Pasta with Vermont Cheddar
Seafood Paella: Shrimp, Scallops, Mussels, Clams, Saffron Rice, Green Peas, Roasted Red Peppers
Spicy Beef and Vegetable Empanadas
Vegetable & Shrimp Spring Rolls, Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
Shrimp and Vegetarian Pad Thai
Sushi and Maki: Shrimp, Raw Spicy Tuna, Pickled Vegetable Roll, DC Crab Roll, Raw Salmon Sushi, Pickled Ginger, Wasabi, Soy Sauce & Chop Sticks
Menu Buffets Above (9:00 PM – 10:30 PM)
Dessert Display (11:00 PM - 1:00 AM)
- Chocolate Fountain
- Flowing Milk Chocolate to be Dipped with Fresh Cubed Maui Pineapple and Cantaloupe, Sliced Bananas, Fresh Whole Strawberries, Marshmallows, Pretzel Sticks, Pound Cake and Rice Crispy Treats.
- Miniature French & Viennese Desserts to Include:
- Linzer Tart, Sacher Tart, Chocolate Opera Triangles,
- White Chocolate Mousse Cake, Apricot Tart with Almonds,
- Biscotti and Chocolate Truffles
- Fresh Fruit Display
- Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- Freshly Brewed Starbucks Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
- Tazo Hot Teas
10:30 PM Admission ($124 Option)
We are pleased to offer a special $124 ticket option for admission at 10:30 PM.
This post-dinner admission ticket option includes:
- Top Shelf Open Bar;
- a Scrumptious Dessert Buffet (see full description for menu);
- Multiple Separate Themed Celebrations in Multiple Ballrooms (see basic party description);
- Midnight Champagne Toast;
- Spectacular Midnight Balloon Drop;
- Live Bands (starring Dr. Fu and Herr Metal);
- Exclusive NEW YEAR’S CIRQUE Du 2019 New Year’s Eve Performance;14
- D.C.’s Best DJs;
- Karaoke, Teddy – the Racing President, Slapshot from the Caps, Party Favors, and Caricaturist Drawings, and much much more.
OPTIONAL OVERNIGHT HOTEL STAY – Only $152 a Night!
TTD has arranged with the Omni Shoreham for an optional overnight hotel stay on New Year’s Eve – at the incredible rate of $152 for the night!
To book your $152 Overnight Hotel room – Please call (202) 234-0700 and reference the New Year’s Eve Gala or use the following links:
GENERAL ROOM: https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/washington-dc-shoreham/meetings/things-to-do-dc-2018-nye-gala
ROOM Plus Bed and Breakfast Package:
(NOTE: The prices for the hotel rooms are separate from the gala tickets. A hotel room reservation does not include a ticket to the gala! )
PRICES SUBJECT TO INCREASE AFTER THE SALE OF THE NEXT 100 TICKETS
Remember, this Party Sells Out Every Year and the price will regularly increase.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GALA, CALL THINGS TO DO DC DIRECTLY at (301) 519 8030. The hotel may not be able to answer all questions.
(Group Rates Available. Email events@thingstodoDC.com for Details)